Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday before bkfst

Today we are going to walk to the Marais (the 4th arrondisement).  Along the way we will stop at Shakespeare & Co, since I've nearly finished Stegner's Crossing to Safety and am in need of another good read.  I've loved this one.  I'm thinking of buying a small book in both English and French since I've enjoyed re-learning my high school French this trip.  I think I might prefer to work on grammer, and verb conjugations again in the context of a novel rather than taking up a language primer.  We'll see.  After the bookstore we'll see Notre Dame, and then go over to the Shoah Memorial.  Hoping to eat falafel on rue Rosiers, and just enjoy people watching at Pic CLOP, per Mike Bosia's recommendation!  The Jewish Museum is a possibility there too.  Still not expecting great weather (we had all that France could give in Provence, I guess!) but it's not raining now and it has only drizzled, no pouring rain since we've been in Paris.  Though we haven't thought much about home, I saw a gorgeous photo of autumn trees posted by a Hardwick friend on Facebook this morning and I had a stab of homesickness.  As much as I love to travel...and this has been a wonderful trip... I will be happy to be home too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment