Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting ready



I have the jitters. Friends tell me it's excitement...it feels more like anxiety, the anxiety of responsibility / of needing all the pieces to be in their proper places, all the lose ends gathered and wrapped into correct and polite bows...in other words - everything is done that (I think) needs to be done by Saturday a.m. There's a few gardens that still need to be cleaned and organized, the fridge to be cleaned, chocolate candy to be packaged and delivered, house plants to be watered, last minute banking, a bit more harvesting/canning/freezing, house sitters to be oriented, there's recycling and composting....and, last but not least, we still need to pack - lightly. We are encouraged to not bring too many clothes, books, art supplies ... but what about all those shoes I know I will want to wear in France! Clothes are pulled from closets and drawers, laid on the guest bed to shuffle and pick through deciding what's the best, most practical and of course fashionable.
Chores and Decisions! That's what's making me jittery these last couple of days before we depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment