Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jackie has kept us so busy, it is impossible to keep up with blogging. We've had enough wonderful adventures for a week in the last two days. Yesterday we went to a mountain village of Gordes and spent the morning in the market shopping for table cloths and matching napkins and a few gift items. Our next project was to get the cheese for our communal picnic. Feeling ever braver with my VERY spotty French, I must have said something simple about fromage to the 60-something cheese vendor at which point he took a look at both Marie and me and clearly started flirting with us. I am sure (though I missed most of what he said) that he asked me didn't I think Marie was very sexy. Having no quick retorts of any kind, I could only answer honestly, oui!

We had our picnic of baggette, cheese, salami, ham, tapenade, tomato, melon and fruit tart on a picnic bench at the olive oil farm we visited next. Unknown to us before we arrived, the olive maker also makes a terrific rose wine which he graciously offered to our picnic. His tour of his grove and the machinery and process of mAking olive oil was as great as his wine.

From there we went on to Roussillon- home of ochre and it turns out, also a hiding place for Samuel Beckett. We walked there and through the town and had dinner there before heading home to Maubec. Our day ended about 10PM. Too exhausted to write then, we just cleaned up and fell into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment